Reasons to work at the bank while on break:
1. Money
2. Money
3. Catch up on Fox news. For 8 hours a day. Except I really don't listen to it. It's just background noise. 30 minutes is about my limit. So to the lame customers who keep asking me what has been on- I don't know, and I don't care. So stop looking at me dumbfounded when you ask and get a sarcastic answer in return.
4. A reminder of why I went back to school. Sure, it's a good job, and many people are very successful in banking. If you still see me there in 10 years, you will also see me at the bar every night after six. I don't know how some people do it.
Here's an example of what not to do when you go to the bank. Come in with a large amount of cash in a grocery bag with no deposit slip, no idea how much is there, in an unsorted mess, checks that have not been added up or endorsed, and not know the account number you are supposed to deposit to. Then stare blankly at the banker when they ask you questions like "how much is your deposit for" or "what account do you want this to go into." Then leave the cash on the counter while you walk off to make a phone call to get answers to the above questions when the answers you get are wrong. Oh, and don't walk in the door to do this at four minutes to closing. I really don't like some people. Some days it's just harder to resit the urge to choke someone.
3 comments:
4. When one is not working, one is spending $ far faster than it can be earned.
Hmmm. That should have been reason number 5, I guess. Too early in the morning....
Hmmm. That should have been reason number 5, I guess. Too early in the morning....
Post a Comment