For the record, I'm not one of those creative types who is easily put off. I take criticisms, critiques, and people flat out not liking my work fairly well. Today, not so much.
I had been helping out with a design concept for a section of a display. I had worked out a rough draft, and explained how the sketch could be realized in a life size version. The powers that be liked the idea, and went with it. One power that be decided to have someone else fabricate it. That was all well and good. I was flattered that they went with the idea.Until I saw the reality. Here's the thing. It was a rough draft. I assumed the new artist would take the idea and build upon it. It was nowhere near a polished version. Yet, that was what ended up on the wall. My good design ended up looking ick. My good mood was in the toilet for the rest of the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment