Saturday, April 19, 2008

Pimp my ride


Reading an article about the Pope's visit to NY, I came across a picture of the 'popemobile.' You've got to wonder about the design meeting surrounding it. Or at least I do.
"We need something that is small, and can maneuver in crowds, but that still allows the people to see the pope."
"A limo?"
"No, too closed off. Horrible in a crowd."
"A hummer limo? He'd be at eye level, and we could run over people. "
"I like your thinking, but the roadkill might think of it as a fast track to heaven. We can't have that..... I know, let's get one of those half car- half trucks they have on sale (I can't imagine why nobody else buys them) and put a big glass box in the back. We'll call it something cool like 'popemobile' or 'pope-in-a-box.' Plus, if he's closed off in a box we can listen to whatever music we want up front in the drivers seat."
"Sweet."
What does the pope do in there? Sure he waves at people, and thinks deep, spiritual thoughts. But is there a sound system in there? What music does the pope listen to? There would have to be a powerful air conditioner in there. Otherwise, with all the glass, and robes, you would end up with cooked-pope-in -a box. Can you say extra crispy? Do they ever take it through the drive-through? A McFish sandwich for lent...

1 comment:

participant-observer said...

music up front- gregorian chants
music in the pope box- gangsta rap