Tuesday, May 27, 2008

San Francisco


Today was a road trip to UCSF. Mom, Patty, Chris & I went down for Mom's check up. The numbers all look great! I can't say enough good things about the people of the liver clinic. They do such amazing things. They give people their lives back.
After clinic, we met up with a family that will be going through transplant later this month. Matt will be donating half of his liver to his cousin Brian. We sat down and talked with them and their wives; answering questions, talking about nurses, and giving tips on the best waiting rooms and linen closets. When were going through the process a few months back, I tried not to think about it much. This was a great opportunity for all of us to do just that. So while we did it for the purpose of helping out, we ended up helping ourselves. Mr. Rogers would be proud.
We weren't completely altruistic. On the way home we stopped at Louis' for lunch. Yum sourdough with a view of the ocean. We stopped in Vacaville to do a little shopping. Always up for a little side trip. I found a cute black & white shirt number. A very good day.

No comments: