Today we said goodbye to an old friend. He was part of a tight knit group my brother has been a part of since high school. They played sports together, worked weekend jobs, drove around in their trucks and were there watching out for each other through the years. They were all only a few grades ahead of me in high school and I was the younger sis that was often drug along (it was my only ride home). Often, as long as I kept quiet, I was allowed in on the fun. It was worth it. I'd tell you stories but I'm pretty sure my brother could still kick my butt. It was all mostly harmless.
One particular friend of his, Green, always had a smile. It wouldn't take much and he would have you laughing so hard it hurt. He worked hard and genuinely enjoyed life. He touched many lives and will be missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment