Friday, September 18, 2009

birthday fun


Today was a pretty terrific birthday. The best in quite a while. Slept in past nine o'clock then met up with Emily to have a fabulous breakfast at The Savory Cafe in Woodland. Very yum apricot pancakes, lots of coffee and cake batter ice cream with a candle on top. Yes, the servers sang. I do secretly enjoy that. Spent most of the day hanging out with Em and Hogan doing absolutely nothing productive. It was great. Then home for a short nap.
The evening was spent with the family. Mom made my favorite meal- baked ribs with homemade sauce, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. Yum! She's made it at my request since I was five. I love my mom. She's pretty great. The whole group came over and we spent the night chatting, playing with the kiddos and talking politics. Linda made a cute giant cupcake cake that was a pretty big hit with the kids. The little ones sang and remembered most of the words. Wish I'd remembered to take pics.
Drove home under a moonless sky full of stars. Not a bad way to end the night. Then it got better. I came home to a cheery box on my doorstep containing a pretty hydrangea plant, my favorite! Thanks MFW! Perfect end to a terrific day.

No comments: