Monday, November 9, 2009

yum cheap salad

Busy, busy lately. All self inflicted and mostly welcome, but still looking forward to a bit of unscheduled time with the coming holiday on Wednesday.
I played with a few new recipes for dinner last night and was pleasantly surprised. Enough so that I wanted to type one out so that I can refer back later. If you're the cooking or even just the chopping type, please enjoy. If it's not your thing I invite you over for dinner post the schedule craziness, say after December 30?
Brussels Sprout Apple Saladness- inspired by 101 cookbooks post

brussells sprouts- enough so that the ratio of sprouts:apple = 2:1. So maybe 12? Get the little ones with closed up heads, they're tastiest.
1/2 an apple. whatever type you like to eat out of hand. I used golden delicious cause they're delicious
dried cranberries- small handful. Enough to look pretty.
toasted pinenuts- smallish handful
dressing~
1 tsp thyme
pepper & salt- a few dashes
1 tbps olive oil or maybe a bit more
juice of 1/2 lemon.

Take the stuff in the top of the list and toss with the dressing stuffs from the bottom of the list. Even better the next day for lunch.

Leftovers lunch today was some of this and Israeli couscous cooked in chicken stock + bay leaf with chicken sausage, red bell pepper and grape tomato halves. And pretzels. I heart leftovers.

No comments: